Serviceing all makes of dishwashers
- Check breaker. If tripped reset by turning breaker off then back on. If this works and the appliance stays on no problem. Sometimes breakers can trip when the power goes out then comes back on.
- Not cooling enough? This can happen on refrigerators and air-conditioners.
Check the coils and clean. Air-conditioners, both window and whole house can over heat when grass and dirt build up. TURN OFF POWER! Use a garden hose and spray the coil area with water from the top of the coil fin area down. This will help until you can get a professional to clean and service you unit and make sure everything is working the way it should.
a. ON refrigerators check the coil for dirt. this is usually on the bottom of the refrigerator, there is a grill that can be pulled off to give access to the coil.
b. Use a Vaccum cleaner with a crevis tool to clean the dirt off. TURN OFF POWER!
This will not remove all the dirt but should help till a serviceman gets to you.
- Keep the door on you refrigerator and/or Freezer closed this will keep things cold for quite a few hours. Up to 24 hrs in the freezer.
- If the power is out put perishable foods in a cooler with ice or ice packs to keep them cold. Frozen foods can keep in the freezer or a cooler with ice for a couple of days before thawing out.
- Used thawed foods as soon as possible, do not refreeze,
- Freeze 1 or 1.5 liter bottles with water for use when your loose power to help keep thing cold.
- More tips to come as I build this site so check back.
Clean lint trap. if caked with lint clean with soap and scrub brush, rinse clean. Dryer sheet will leave a film on the screen blocking air flow causing the dryer to over heat.
Fall has arrived And your home will be closing up for the Winter. trapping the dust and other things in your house so check your furnace filters and change them. This will help in several ways it cuts down on gas and electric.
Your furnace is one of the most important appliances in your home. It keeps you warm in the winter and can keep you cool in the summer.
It is also the most neglected one in the home. No one even thinks about it other than turning the temperature up or down anduntil it doesnt work.
The filter is one of the main reasons it fails. A blocked filter will cause a furnace to over heat and fail. and it increases your gas ( anbd Oil if that's what you use) and electric use. It also causes wear on the blower by causing the motor to over heat.
So Change the filter. If you don't know how or are afraid to go into that damp dark room where is located then call someone to do it for you. A qualified heating service company can do this for you and inspect the furnace for proper operation. The cost is minimal compared to calling someone in the middle of the night on a -10 degree day to fix your furnace.